Which gtk engine(s) are available on OS X

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 12:40:39 EST 2014

I need hlep as I lost my password.

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:29 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

On Jan 17, 2014, at 9:12 PM, farleykj <farleykj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to customize the look of GnuCash, via the .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash file.
> The file is being read, and I can bind keys, change colors and such fine.
> However, if I try to do anything "fancier", like gradient colors, with the
> "xfce" engine, there is no effect. Could this be because the engine is
> invalid, or am I (an admitted extreme rookie to this) ignorant of some
> callout or whatnot that is needed?
> Are there any helpful docs about how to do more than trivial changes to the
> look of Gnucash?

AFAIK there's nothing specifically about theming Gtk on OSX, but there's all sorts of info on theming in general.

I've had some success using the clearview theme engine, though I haven't tried on Lion-and-later. I encountered some issues, which I don't remember the specifics of, and decided that it was better not to try to theme GnuCash for distribution.

IIRC the theme engine needs to be compiled and installed where libgtk-quartz can find it, meaning that you might need to adjust the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash or adjust the rpath in the engine's dylib with install_name_tool and put it in the bundle.

Regards,
John Ralls