Migration to GnuCash 2.6 from 2.4 problem with display of currency

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Jan 19 18:55:34 EST 2014

--On January 19, 2014 4:43:38 PM +0000 Nana Kwadwo Owusu
<kwadwo.owusu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, in 2.4 my default currency is GHS (Ghana Cedi). This afternoon I
> downloaded the new 2.6 version (MAC OS). I started the new programme,
> everything seems ok, but now the GHS does not show - rather GH
> followed by an icon I do not recognise.
>
> Pls help because it makes reading difficult. I have attached a screen
> capture.

This will be because of the change "Frédéric Perrin has contributed a
change to display currency symbols whenever they are known and
unambiguous."  According to Wikipedia the currency symbol for Ghana is
GH₵ or sometimes GH¢.  Is that what you are seeing (assuming it
comes through EMail correctly)?  It's what I see in GnuCash when I
create an account in the GHS currency.  Is Wikipedia (and GnuCash)
wrong about the currency symbol for Ghana?

             Mike