processing payment doens't show my posted bills

neeraj rai neerajr at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 21:44:51 EST 2014

I figured out what went wrong with my entry.
I was entering the quantity but not the unit price. so the values were all 0 and nothing to post.
Got it working and quite pleased with my initial experience with gnucash.

I have also reformatted the original mesg better below - somehow the mail client took out all newline in original posting.
=================================
I have spent 2 days reading the docs but still having trouble processing payment from my bills to my bank account.
I can post the bill (due date = payment date are both in past )but it doesn't show the bill when I hit process payment.

Transfer acccount shows up on bottom left and I can still generate an entry for the amount the checking account.
But I would like to post it against the bill

Details of clicks :
Create bill
1.  Business -> Vendor -> New Bill
2. Vendor name -> ok
3. enter date (6/17/2013 in past)
4. enter expense account  (I was expecting an A/payable here but that may be the root of confusion)

Post bill
1.  Business -> Vendor -> Find Bill
2. Vendor name drop down -> type name -> ok
3. select my bill and hit post
4. enter post date, due date (6/17/2013 in past)
5. choose A/Payable account
Entry shows up the in the payable account

Process Payment
1.  Business -> Vendor -> Find Bill

2. Vendor name drop down -> type name -> ok
3. select my bill and hit process payment
Vendor shows on top left. A/Payable shows up on top right
Documents are empty
Transaction Detail dt is today : 1/19/2014

Transfer acccount shows up on bottom left and I can still generate an entry for the amount
But I would like to post it against the bill

thanks