Advanced Portfolio Report

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:08:33 EST 2014

> Mac vs. Linux doesn't matter.  What does matter is that this function
> is not available to Scheme code, it's a C only function.  I just
> checked in a new version of the advanced portfolio report that uses the
> correct Scheme function.
>
> The previous version should work if you either select the "nearest in
> time" price source or you turn on the "Set preference for price list
> data" option (and make sure you have a price for every commodity in the
> report).
>
>        Mike

Hi Mike,

The new version of the report is reporting brokerage in the realised
gain column as a negative amount, changing the total gain and Rate of
Return % columns. In my opinion this is incorrect, regardless of whether
'Ignore brokerage fees when calculating returns' is selected. Brokerage
is reported in the Brokerage Fees column and taken into account in the
Total Return column.

The income column is incorrect. Although different from the income on
the original report which is also incorrect, it is reporting the
reinvested income, not the actual income received. The old report would
only include income if it was recorded as a split in the reinvestment
transaction, but was still reporting an incorrect amount. I have
recorded dividends as an income split in a reinvestment transaction, but
that is not the income reported in the Income column on the report. The
report shows the amount reinvested in shares including the charges.

The Total Return column is not including residual income, that is,
income not reinvested.

The Money In and Brokerage Fees columns are now correct on the new
report.

Additionally, charges from share sales are not being included in the
Brokerage Fees column. This was also the case in the original report.

Regards,

Richard.