Migration to GnuCash 2.6 from 2.4 problem with display of currency

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Jan 20 19:15:05 EST 2014

--On January 20, 2014 3:00:25 PM -0800 John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
wrote:

> You do it the same way everywhere. Create a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with the
> following contents:
>
> style "font"
> {
>   font_name = "Arial Narrow 12"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "font"
> gtk-font-name = "Arial Narrow 12”
>
> Substitute any font in FontBook for “Arial Narrow 12”.

That's funny.  I tried that before I sent my reply and it didn't seem
to have any effect.  I tried it again just now and it affects the X
Window version but not the native version.  I wonder what I'm doing
wrong?  I gave it a font that was sufficiently different that I would
be sure to see it.  I think I got this to work once a few days ago, but
it sure doesn't work now.  I also tested by putting some junk in
~/.gtkrc-2.0 to see if it ever got read.  The X Window version
complained about it, but not the native version.

Even in the X Window version this seems to have no effect on reports.
Is that to be expected?

        Mike