print out expense sub-categories details?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 21 11:02:25 EST 2014

Hi,

Monica Petros <mmthoune at gmail.com> writes:

> R Victor, Thank you for your quick response. What you answered for me I did
> know how to do. I am getting the subcategories to come up in the P/L
> statement. The IRS would like to so EACH of my subcategories in detail. I'm
> going to try to attach a couple of screen shots so you can see what I mean.
> They want the detail of who, what, when, where, of each expense. I am
> attaching the advertising category - the second one is the type I need to
> capture. It seems like it should be a simple thing to do......copying a
> PrtSc over to Paint is rather tedious but I'll do it if that is my last
> resort.

First, I see each of your transactions is transfering to/from
Imbalance-USD.  This means that you are not properly entering your
transactions so many of the reports will fail.  Maybe you haven't read
the Concepts & Tutorial Guide or don't understand Double Entry
Accounting.

As for how to print out the register, once you have the register details
for the time period (View -> Filter By...) then you can print an Account
Report (Reports -> Account Report) to generate a printable version of
the register.

Hope this helps,