split bills with taxable and nontaxable items

dgaude dgaude at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 07:45:19 EST 2014

Hallo there,

I'm happily using GNUCASH but I've come to one slight issue.

I need to post a bill that includes one item that is not taxable (bc it's
already some obscure tax) and another item that is taxable normally. How can
I account for that? Ideally, I would 'split' the bill, like for expenses,
and select one of the items as taxable and the other one as nontaxable, but
I cannot find how to do that. Alternatively, I could enter two 'fake' bills,
each one with one of the items, but that could become confusing later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel