Problem with save as mysql

Momchil Ilkov chiche at stark-net.net
Fri Jan 24 11:04:25 EST 2014

On 01/24/2014 05:44 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2014, at 6:39 AM, Momchil Ilkov <chiche at stark-net.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>> i can't save my gnucash using mysql option. I have only xml option from Data Format drop down box.
>> My configuration is:
>>
>> Debian unstable
>> Linux zmey 3.2.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 11 17:24:18 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>> chiche at zmey:~$ gnucash -v
>> GnuCash 2.6.0
>> This copy was built from rev 38a0d33+ on 2014-01-01.
>>
>> 	I installed gnucash via apt-get install gnucash. I have libdbd-mysql installed and empty database named gnucash prepared.
>> 	A debug output file is attached from /tmp/gnucash.trace but i suspect the problem is here:
>>
>> * 16:10:47  INFO <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_module_init_backend_dbi] GNC_DBD_DIR not set: using libdbi built-in default
>> * 16:10:47  WARN <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_module_init_backend_dbi()] No DBD drivers found
>> * 16:10:53 MESSG <gnc.module> Could not locate optional module gnucash/gtkmm interface v.0
>> * 16:10:53  WARN <gnc.python> Unable to initialize Python module (unable to open /usr/share/gnucash/python/init.py)
>>
>> 	I google over 3 hours but i could not find a working solution of my problem.
>> Please help.
>
> You need to install libdbi and the libdbi mysql driver. I don't know off the top of my head what those package names are in Debian.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks for the reply, but i think i have it.
zmey:/tmp# dpkg -l |grep libdbi
ii  libdbd-mysql                                                0.9.0-1
                              amd64        MySQL database server driver
for libdbi
ii  libdbd-sqlite3                                              0.9.0-1
                              amd64        SQLite3 database driver for
libdbi
ii  libdbi-dev                                                  0.9.0-1
                              amd64        DB Independent Abstraction
Layer for C  -- development files
ii  libdbi-perl                                                 1.630-1
                              amd64        Perl Database Interface (DBI)
ii  libdbi1:amd64                                               0.9.0-1
                              amd64        DB Independent Abstraction
Layer for C -- shared library