bank reconciliation & split transaction

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 12:58:13 EST 2014

To assist with no. 2:
When the auto-complete produces a split transaction, if the new transaction
is not split, then in the Transfer column right-click > Remove Transaction
Splits.
It's not necessarily the most elegant way of dealing with it but it becomes
second nature after a while...

4: I have made my own comparison reports by exporting data from a custom
Transaction Report to a spreadsheet, then using pivot tables I can compare
different periods from that data. for example I can compare expenses this
year with previous years, both by calendar year and by rolling 365 day
periods.