Memos / Notes on Transactions

M J Richards m.j.richards at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 24 10:52:39 EST 2014

I am evaluating Gnucash as a potential replacement for my old Microsoft
Money. I was surprised to see that there are no notes /memos on transations
even though they are allowed for in QIF files, and are exported from money.

I have made great use of the notes to determine what has been purchased from
a supplier.  When I worked as a ledger clerk , many years ago, each entry
had to be accompanied by a description as well as the supplier  from whom we
purchased items.

IS there any way of adding and importing notes for individual transaction?

Cheers

John Richards

---