Advanced Portfolio Report

Alun Champion alun at achampion.net
Fri Jan 24 16:14:43 EST 2014

I'm liking the new advanced portfolio, it's been a lot more reliable
than the original, great work.

I have observed one bug in that it doesn't deal with stock that become
worthless (e.g. options).
I use trading accounts - though tested without still has the issue.

Purchase
Brokerage:Stock 100  1  $100.00
Trading:USD $100
Trading:Stock -100  1 -$100.00
Brokerage:$ -$100

Disposal (complete loss)
Brokerage:Stock -100
Brokerage:Stock -$100
Trading:USD -$100
Trading:Stock 100 1 $100
Capital Loss: $100

The Basis, Unrealized Gain, Total Gain & Return, all go blank. And in
this small example it reports a realized gain of $0. You would expect
the basis to be $100 and realized gain to be -$100, unrealized gain
$0, etc.

It does handle the case when it is only a partial loss (or gain) and
properly reports the loss/gain.
Brokerage:Stock -100 0.5 -$50
Brokerage:Stock -$50
Trading:USD -$100