migrate prefs runs everytime I start 2.6.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 26 16:05:16 EST 2014

On Sunday 26 January 2014 12:24:36 Michael Carney wrote:
> On 01/26/2014 04:05 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 January 2014 16:39:50 Michael Carney wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > I notice that every time I start gnucash 2.6, a migrate prefs
> > >
> > > operation (from gconf) runs. Seems like that should be something
> > > that
> > >
> > > should run just once, IMHO.
> >
> > Heh, I wrote that code. My main work machine is Fedora 19 64-bit. It
> > worked fine there.
> >
> > Perhaps indeed there's something different in Fedora 20, or it could
> > be a packaging bug.
> >
> > Can you create a bug report for this ? I will look into this but I'm
> > short in time right now. If there's a bug report there's less chance
> > I forget.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Geert
>
> Greetings, Geert:
>
> I did some poking around and found out the following:
>
> 610> gsettings list-keys org.gnucash.dialogs.tip-of-the-day
> GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
> will not be saved or shared with other applications.

Oops that's not good. The memory backend is not what you want. I don't know how to change
this though. This should be a system level thing.

I just remembered I have already installed Fedora 20 64bit on a spare laptop. I have just fired
it up, ran updates and started gnucash. For me the preferences work fine.

Normally the gsettings backend on linux should be dbus. Do you have that package installed ?

And what is the contents of /usr/lib64/gio/modules ?

Geert