Counting Transactions

elvis elvis at dogonfire.com
Tue Jan 28 04:04:40 EST 2014

 >I was wondering if there is a way of seeing how many transactions
there are in an account. I have been using >gnucash for a while and was
curious to see how many bank account entries I have racked up. I didn't
see anything cd >the reports but maybe I missed it.
> There's nothing in the UI to do this.
> You could write a simple Guile or Python script to count it for you.
> Or you could write a 'grep' command to count the number of references in
> your XML file.

Hi Derek,

zcat <yourgnucashfile> | grep "reconciled-state>y" | wc

8688  (haha beat that)

I only ever reconcile the bank account so this gives a decent
approximation on how many transactions I have put through. Kudos to you
and the team, it has been rock solid for all of them.

Took a little while to figure out as mc was transparently ungzipping the
file, then cat was giving me binary noise lol

Lawrence

--
"All life's answers are on TV" - Homer Simpson.