Linux Mint Debian

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 07:00:15 EST 2014

You indicated you were using KDE - if not than the Ubuntu Unity desktop should be fine.

Mint Mate, seems to do a better job of making their distro catered to thows who just want to get their work done.  Mint bypasses some of the needed technical expertise required for the average user.

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:01 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

On 27 January 2014 23:29, Fast Radio <fastradio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I "highly" suggest using Linux Mint Mate edition.  It seems the best Linux distro for using GNU Cash.  Zero problems.

In what way is it better than Ubuntu for GnuCash?

> Hint.  Put GNU Cash into its very own folder.

Why?  It is usually best to install into the default location for your OS.

Colin