Expense & Income in budeting footer does not show the totals

Steve Nospam stevenospam2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 15:32:26 EDT 2014

I've been searching to find a solution without success.  I have created a budget with 4 periods and I've assigned values to all of the accounts I'm budgeting for.  At the bottom of the budget screen there is a footer with:
The problem is that Expenses has totals for just one of the high level accounts that is called Travel.  There are subaccounts under Travel.  I would like to see a total for all of the Expense accounts.  I checked the config of several other accounts and they are setup as account type expense.  Apparently I'm missing something.  The Income is zero even though I have some accounts setup as account type Income.