Data file too large

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 14:51:53 EDT 2014

GnuCash 2.6.3, Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core(TM) i7-4770 3.4GHz, 8GB Ram.
1.2MB compressed file 14.4 sec.
16MB uncompressed file 14.3 sec.

Now you might say '14 seconds isn't long' but with a file 4x bigger that'll
take nearly a minute (if it scales in a linear way). This is only 3.5 years
worth of data (I started using GnuCash in Jan 2011).

I have an older netbook and it's so slow to be unusable on Windows, but I
have recently installed Linux Mint in a dual boot environment on it and
GnuCash is slow but useable on that (I can copy my data on to it and time
that if it helps).