Ver 2.6.3 no split entry

Steve Nospam stevenospam2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 22:39:35 EDT 2014

I'm a relatively new user to GnuCash and I'm using 2.6.3/Win 7 64.
I just entered a split transaction without a problem.  I typed a description and then right clicked in the category field to make the transaction a split transaction.  I put in two lines of expenses with different categories and then I right clicked and selected Enter Transaction.

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:34 PM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:

On 7/5/2014 10:31 AM, Scott Roe wrote:
> Dear Gnucash Users:
>
> I recently upgraded to Gnucash version 2.6.3 and now I cannot enter split entries.  The process works all the way to the last item and when enter is hit, the entire split entry disappears.
>
> I've gone over the data entry procedure in the help to make sure I was following the correct procedure, and I'm made many split entries in the past with an older version with no issues.
>
> Can anyone confirm this is an issue with ver 2.6.3, or is there a different procedure for entering a split entry?
>
> Appreciate any help, and if this is in the archives, I apologize for missing it.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you,
>
> Scott Roe
> Gnucash 3 year user

As a user who has only tested release 2.6.3 in Ubuntu 12.04 but is still
using release 2.4.13 daily in Windows 7, I found that release 2.6.3
seems to work well in Linux, but I just have not switched yet.  Thus you
may have to tell us which OS your computer is running to get a more
detailed answer.

David C