Finance::Quote and OSX Mavericks ...

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 14 02:22:23 EDT 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 11:49 PM, Deane Yamane <deane.yamane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry abt 'Reply all'.
> Here's my paths: [Deanes-iMac:~] deane% echo "$PATH"
> /sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> [Deanes-iMac:~] deane% echo "$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH: Undefined variable.
>
> What should I do next? I tried to fix the PATH but failed. Using '$HOME/.bash_profile'.
>
> PS: It's been eons since I switched from PowerPC to Intel. But maybe in my desperation I may have tried Fink. To fix the the GnuCash Get Quotes problem. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Edit /Users/deane/.bashrc and /Users/deane/.bash_profile; TextEdit works fine for this, but you'll have to type in the file names because Finder ignores them.

Find all instances of PATH= and remove /sw/bin and sw/sbin from all of them. Save the files.

If you have any Terminal sessions open, close them and open new ones. `echo $PATH` should now return /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

>From the Terminal prompt, run
  sudo rm -rf /sw
To get rid of the old Fink installation. Try gnc-fq-update again.

Depending on where the MacPorts installation came from and how up-to-date it is, that might cause failures too. If you get the same "wrong processor type" for paths in /opt/local, repeat the above procedure to remove /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin from $PATH, then remove /opt/local.

If you get some other error that you can't figure out, post it here.

Regards,
John Ralls