Unable to obtain online price retrieval for stocks on the NYSE, yet ASX works fine (GNU Cash 2.6.1)

Wei Chian Ong weichianong at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 13 23:11:32 EDT 2014

Hello,

I apologize if this question has already been asked in the mIRC chat room.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to set up online price retrieval of stocks in the NYSE ("Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:"). This puzzles me because I have had the online price retrieval for ASX stocks working for quite sometime. In the mIRC chatroom, I was queried on what version of Finance::Quote I was using, as this might be the issue. I was not sure how to check the version, so what I did was ran "Install Online Price Retrieval" again. After I did this, I tried to run price editor again and this time, I was not able get the price quotes for any stocks, even the ASX stocks that had previously been running fine.

I then ran "Install Online Price Retrieval" again, and then ran price editor again. This time I was once again able to get the ASX stocks, but unable to retrieve quotes for NYSE stocks.

Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Wei.