Tax calculation differences

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Mon Jul 14 13:54:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've set up tax tables, I've entered all lines from the invoice
and marked which table it should use.

However, there is a difference in calculation of the tax that
results in a difference of 0.02 EUR.

As I understand it there are in Belgium 2 ways to round the
calculated tax:
- Add all lines (with the same tax rate), and calculate the
  tax based on this.
- Calculate the tax per line and then just add all the lines.

Those 2 method can result in small changes in the calculated
value.  I think that gnucash is using the 2nd method while the
invoice I received is using the first.

Anyway, it's not important why it's different.  But gnucash now
seems to think I have to pay 0.02 EUR more than the invoice I've
received and I'm not sure how to deal with this.  Is there a way
I can just add the tax to the bill instead?

It's currently not very important for me since I don't actually
have to declare the taxes.

Kurt