Completely unusable date input in RHEL 6 for cs_CZ locale

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 15 00:35:44 EDT 2014

On Jul 14, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 17/02/14 18:47, Geert Janssens wrote:
>> There is no solution for this bug yet. The way you can work around this
>> is to choose a date format other than Locale in Preferences/Date. You
>> can set it to "Europe" for example which is close to the date format
>> that is the default for cs_CZ.
>
> Hmm, and the bug doesn't look much hopeful (BTW, is it me or you who
> confuses glib and glibc? which one is a problem here?).

Depends on the version. I rewrote the date handling in 2.6 to use GLib exclusively, while 2.4 and older versions used a mix of GLib and libc for formatting and parsing. 2.8 will use boost::calendar::gregorian.

The fix that Geert mentioned in the bug report is in 2.6.3. Please try it if you haven't already, and comment on the bug report whether it works for you or not.

Regards,
John Ralls