Help needed with changing scheduled transactions end dates please.

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 10:00:28 EDT 2014

Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:47:13
<5067511.YrzqpZK3kM at calufrax.nottingham.standbyevents.co.uk>  Maf. King
<maf at chilwell.net>

>I think you've missed the point of the OP.

Possibly

>The way I read it, Christina has
>decided to change her use of GC to be continuous, as you suggest.  However,
>she is having trouble changing her SXes from having an end date to running
>forever... your point about not creating duplicate transactions might be worth
>noting, though.

An SX looks something like this
===
<gnc:schedxaction version="2.0.0">
  <sx:id type="guid">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</sx:id>
  <sx:name>xxx</sx:name>
  <sx:enabled>y</sx:enabled>
  <sx:autoCreate>y</sx:autoCreate>
  <sx:autoCreateNotify>n</sx:autoCreateNotify>
  <sx:advanceCreateDays>45</sx:advanceCreateDays>
  <sx:advanceRemindDays>0</sx:advanceRemindDays>
  <sx:instanceCount>38</sx:instanceCount>
  <sx:start>
    <gdate>2010-09-09</gdate>
  </sx:start>
  <sx:last>
    <gdate>2014-08-21</gdate>
  </sx:last>
  <sx:templ-acct type="guid">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</sx:templ-acct>
  <sx:schedule>
    <gnc:recurrence version="1.0.0">
      <recurrence:mult>2</recurrence:mult>
      <recurrence:period_type>week</recurrence:period_type>
      <recurrence:start>
        <gdate>2010-09-09</gdate>
      </recurrence:start>
    </gnc:recurrence>
  </sx:schedule>
</gnc:schedxaction>
===

>Christina: Sorry, no ideas here....

C either has or doesn't have some dates on the scheduled transactions in
her current file.  My thought is that she had created the transactions
in the old file so the new file is "thinking" "we've already created the
transactions so we won't do it again" because of the last (2014-08-21 in
the example above).

Make sense?

If I'm right-ish she needs to play with the Scheduled Transactions /
Overview options OR play with Edit / Prefs / Scheduled Transactions so
it starts again

--
Wm...