Help needed with changing scheduled transactions end dates please.

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 22:51:08 EDT 2014

If this were my problem (and I'm grateful it isn't), I'd:

1) make a safe copy of my data file,
2) extract the XML file, (either by unchecking compression in GnuCash preferences, or using an unzipping program)
3) open the XML file in a text editor,
4) look at a few of my new (never-ending) scheduled transactions,
5) compare that with those that terminate incorrectly,
6) see what the difference was, and edit one broken SX to match the example in eternal SX
7) re-open my file in GnuCash to see whether the problem for that SX was fixed--and the file still worked
8a) if all is well, continue to edit the remaining SXes in the XML until finished
8b) if everything blew up, reported back to the list to see whether anyone had additional advice

But, I'm not you, so, take my advice with a shaker full of salt.

David