making a payment to an invoice from Accounts Receivable

David Gillam dave at davegillam.org
Thu Jul 17 08:48:21 EDT 2014

Isn't this a case where you create a liability account "Venue," record the incoming monies as transfers from liability "Venue" to Checking, then your check to Venue as going back to the liability "Venue"?

At the end, your checking has gone up by X and back down by X, and your liability account "Venue" is at zero.

Cheers,

David