Tabbing through stock splits

Lou zquark32 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 10:31:31 EDT 2014

I'm not sure why this is not in the documentation, but I had to monkey
around for a while before I found this out.

Section 8.7 states:

	Note

In order to get *|GnuCash|* to commit this zero-share, zero-price split
to the transaction, you *must* *Tab* out of the split. If you use the
*Enter* key, *|GnuCash|* will convert the split into shares of the
commodity.

What is missing here is that there is a 1 that auto populates in the
"price" column.  No matter how much tabbing you do, it will still not
commit to zero-shares.  You must delete the 1 that auto populates.  That
took me a while to figure out.

I'm using 2.6.1 on Linux.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!