Credits befroe debits

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 08:49:41 EDT 2014

Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:03:02
<1405717382.68310.YahooMailNeo at web163405.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>  Patrick
Laprocina <skyway727-b at yahoo.com>

>I now believe that the only solution would be to include a new
>preference such as, "Deposits/Increases before Withdrawals/Decreases
>within a day ".

Why?  It is up to you to put the deposits into gnucash before the
withdrawals.  If your bank does that anyway it doesn't matter to you so
long as the sum at the end of the day is correct.

>I think that Quicken has it correct here by complying with banking
>standards.

Show us the banking standard, please.  I don't mean *your* choice of
banks' standard but an actual banking standard.  Answer: you can't
because there isn't one.

>GC is not workable for me.

If you prefer Quicken then I'm not going to cry.  Personally I think you
just haven't thought this through.  gnucash *is* doing the right thing
if you consider it.