GnuCash App (Android)

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 03:13:29 EDT 2014

After trying several cash-tracking apps, I've settled on this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.totschnig.myexpenses&hl=en

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Steve <butterandsalt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried this app off and on in the past, and have always got frustrated
> given its limited usage, or perhaps because I just didn't spend enough time
> with it.
>
> Well, I have to say, I've given it another chance, and I do find real value,
> although yes, I do wish it was more robust.
>
> I use cash a lot, and the tedius nightly job of having to manually post each
> of my receipts and scribbles, has started to irritate me.  So I reinstalled
> the app and after marking certain categories as "favorites", I now easily
> send one qif file through email to me each night, download it, import it,
> and voila, it actually does (accurately) work.
>
> Do I wish it was more robust, do I wish certain aspects would work correctly
> or better, yep.  But I have to say, I find value in recording my cash
> outlays on the spot, and being able to import them in one group, both on the
> debit and credit side.
>
> So I give it, a "B-" with hopes it gets the attention it deserves for
> improvements.
>

> --

()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net
Registered Linux User #450983 * Ubuntu Counter Project #10548