Income Report

Vikas Damodar Garud vikas at techqual.com
Wed Jul 23 07:53:44 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 22 Jul 2014 11:13:20 AM Narendra Shah wrote:
> Dear Vikas,
>
> I do not know much about GnuCash, but your question seems to be purely
> accounting related and not software related.

SNIP,

Thank you Narendra Shah, Maf. King and Mike or Penny Novack.  Not being an
accountant, I missed out on clearing that my accounting is cash basis - That
is allowed in India and my business is small and simple - One man professional
consultancy.  Cash accounting is sufficient for my needs, I will continue to
use this.

As Maf. King has suggested, I had run the transaction report on Bank and Tax,
filtered by the dates for the accounting period.  However, it does not tell me
the amounts actually credited by customer to my account (as sum of amount
credited to my bank account and that credited to my tax account).  I need to
calculate the amounts actually credited for compiling the tax return.

>From whatever I read in the tutorial and concepts guide and elsewhere, it
seems this is not possible in current set-up.

What I plan to do is:
1.  Create an account for each of the customer under current assets,
2.  Prepare invoices as usual,
3.  Process the payment by selecting the customer asset account as the
transfer account,
4.  Transfer the appropriate amounts from the customer account to bank and tax
account,
5.	Run the account transaction report for each of the customer accounts,
filtered by accounts receivable for the time period.

This should give me the total of all the amounts actually credited to my
account by each of the customers.

I think this should fulfil my requirements.  Am I missing something?

However, when somebody is following accrual accounting, don't they need to
know actual amounts credited by customers - sum of the splits into bank and
tax accounts?  Is my need so unique? :-(

Thanks and regards
Vikas Garud