64 bit

John Dablin jdablin at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 25 14:34:36 EDT 2014

On 25/07/14 08:46, John Ralls wrote:
> It might be. I don't think anyone has tried. Mingw64 would be required. Note that I also don't think that there's any good reason to, as GnuCash's data fits easily in a 32-bit address space.
This is pure curiosity, but the maximum value of a 32 bit signed integer
is 2,147,483,647, so if that were cents it would represent
$21,474,836.47. My bank balance will never grow that high, worse luck,
but a medium sized business might have totals of that order. Does
Gnucash use multi-word data types to handle this, or would it cause an
error?

John Dablin