update release

Rolf Endres rendres at gmx.de
Mon Jul 28 03:10:24 EDT 2014

   Hi John,

   Thanks for that - I was following the links via the wiki ->
   http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Q:_Are_there_nightly_builds.3F to
   the trunk directory!

   I will try the weekly builds. Point taken about the nightly builds (I
   was desperate to get the data imported ;-)! )

   Rolf

   On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:31 AM, Rolf Endres <rendres at gmx.de> wrote:
   >   Hi John,
   >
   >   I saw that - only concern is that the gap between the last nightly
   >   build and the targeted next release is five months, which means
   that I
   >   will lack OFX import for two months worth of data, as my bank only
   >   provides three months of history :-)!

   First of all, don't use the nightly builds on live data. They're build
   from git master and are considered highly unstable. You can safely use
   the weekly maint builds, which are built from the maint branch from
   which releases are made.
   What do you mean 5 months? The last weekly built on 7/14 -- another
   should start in a couple of hours -- and the next release is 9/28, only
   2 months. Perhaps you're looking in the "trunk" directory that's no
   longer used. Dailies now go in "master" and stable weeklies go in
   "maint", all under http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/ .
   What version of Gwen do you need? Once it's set in the build script (if
   it isn't already) you can use a weekly build.
   Regards,
   John Ralls