QIF importer in 2.6.3 making new accounts with duplicate names

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jun 2 07:19:33 EDT 2014

On Thu, 29 May 2014 13:48:09 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 28 May 2014 17:00:14 -0400
> > "Derek Atkins" <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hmm.  I haven't actually looked at the code but from what you're
> >> seeing it looks like the mappings either failed or there is a
> >> bigger issue.  Can you retry the import and check the mappings?  If
> >> necessary, make sure you re-map the accounts properly?
> >
> > I re-imported and remapped the two accounts, and am waiting a few
> > more days before trying another import with a fresh file.
>
> And this re-import worked properly?
>

> Can you check the contents of your qif map file in ~/.gnucash/...?

> -derek

I just tried with another account
At the very beginning after it accepts the QIF file, it offers to match
(no name) with Assets:CMA Macquarie.
I think that this is fine, and don't check.
I do the import, it finds duplicates etc, I match up all the
"Unspecified" transactions, and then when I look at the bank account
nothing new is imported.

I now have Assets:CMT Macquarie and Assets:CMA Macquarie
I didn't have Assets:CMA Macquarie beforehand - Gnucash has determined
this from the QIF file and made a new account, but matched against the
Assets:CMT Macquarie account.

I deleted the original account and put all the transactions in the new
one, but I have confirmed that Gnucash has newly started making new
accounts on import.

Liz