Dealing with PST, GST

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Tue Jun 3 12:23:18 EDT 2014

Hello, all.

I'm setting up accounts for a new business where I have to bill customers for
BC PST and Canadian GST, and then periodically pay the governments.

So I read as many of the old threads on GST and Double taxes as I could find
in the listserve.

I've set up under liabilities two accounts for PST and GST, and under each of
them, three accounts each for PST and GST - Billable, Paid and Remit.

I've set up a tax table called sales tax that combines PST at 7% and GST at
5%.

When I create an invoice, it correctly calculates PST and GST and puts the
correct amount in the GST Billed and PST Billed Accounts.

Now what happens when I mark the invoice paid? Where do the sales tax items
go? Is there something else I've forgotten.
--
Bob Smits <bob at rsmits.ca>
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the