GnuCash help

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:35:23 EDT 2014

Don,

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM, D&J Soyring <djsoy1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I am wonder if you or anyone you can recommend could help me.  My problem
> is that I generally use the single line general ledger register to enter my
> data and to keep a running balance.   Some how I did something tochange
> this to the double entry registry without any balance shown.
>
> Could you please tell me how to get back to the single line register.  I
> am using the latest version 2.6.3 of GnuCash since I have tried many other
> things as well.   Such as under "edit" preferences checking the basic
> ledger with no change.  Also under "view" the three "Basic Ledger",
> "Auto-split Ledger" and "Transaction journal" are ghosted out and I cannot
> change them.  The "Transaction journal" is checked but I cannot get them to
> be avtive.
>
> Please if you can tell me how to get back to the single line register.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> Don Soy

It is not considered good form to send gnucash-related e-mails directly to
someone.

You should instead subscribe to the gnucash-user e-mail list and send
questions there where many people will be able to answer your question. See
www.gnucash.org. I am forwarding your e-mail and my response there.

Under view, is 'Double Line' checked? Uncheck it.

Alex