Account name truncation/duplication in QIF import

nikkilocke nikki at trumphurst.com
Tue Jun 10 10:41:07 EDT 2014

I am trying to import a QIF file of all my existing business transactions to
GnuCash, with a view to evaluating GnuCash, and ultimately switching to it.

When I import, a my bank account transactions seem to go into 2 accounts for
each bank account. For example, I have an account called:

Current Barclays (Current A/C)

but after the import, I have 2 accounts:

Current Barclays (Current A
Current Barclays (Current A/C)

Some of my transactions go into one, and some into the other.

Why is this?

What can I do to stop it happening, or to fix it after it has happened?