Trial Balance

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jun 11 14:11:10 EDT 2014

>>Yes, I have a ZERO imbalance, so it is fine, despite my ignorance.
>>My accountant wants to see the "Trial Balance" to verify the books are
>>balanced......
>>
>>Thanks for the education on what a TB is and why and how it is useful.
>>

>Just run a Balance Sheet report. If you want you could change the title to "Trial Balance".
>
>Regards,
>John Ralls

Really the same? The "Balance Sheet" normally only shows the "standing"
accounts, not "income" and "expense" accounts (temporary accounts of
fundamental type "equity" -- the NET of all the income and expense
accounts appears in the Balance Sheet under equity).

I haven't had a reason to run a "trial balance" but isn't that ALL
ledger accounts?

Michael