Downloading Stock Prices - Finance::Quote Problems

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Thu Jun 26 16:21:01 EDT 2014

On 6/26/2014 11:47 AM, Richard Lindgren wrote:
> I sure am not getting anywhere. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and
> enter my prices manually. Boy, I sure don't want to do that. If I can fix
> the problem, that would be Great!
> Richard
snip

Question - did you install Online Price Retrieval as an administrator -
ie from the GnuCash start menu in Win7, right click on 'Install Online
Price Retrieval' and select run as administrator?

The issue to me sounds like one of permissions - here is a link to an
article that applies to Win 7, 8, or Vista that may be useful -
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

nvsoar