ledger and checking account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 30 13:14:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

1) Yes, you can rename your accounts at any time.  Just open up the
   account edit window and you can change the name.  Note that two
   sibling accounts cannot have the same name.

2) At the same time you can reparent the account in the hierarchy.  From
   the same edit account window just select a new parent account from
   the tree.  Note that parent-child accounts must be "similar" account
   types.  There are three groups:  Equity, Asset/Liability, and
   Income/Expense.  Only accounts of the same group can be in a subtree.

Enjoy!

-derek