Export of scheduled transactions

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 14:11:43 EDT 2014

Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:22:59 <sjmpphqe2h8.fsf at securerf.ihtfp.org>  Derek
Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>

>Hi,
>
>"Dave's Mail" <dave.m at ntlworld.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>> I wish to start a new set of accounts for the new year. Exporting to a
>> new named account works great giving me a blank set of account ready
>> to set the starting point as I wish.
>> Unfortunately the scheduled transactions ( subscription standing
>> orders) aren't transferred so I have had to recreate them in the new
>> account year.
>> Is there a way of exporting the scheduled transactions
>
>Sorry, no.  The Export Accounts truly just exports an empty set of
>accounts.  Although it begs the question why you want to start from
>scratch?  GnuCash works just fine across multiple periods.  Indeed, my
>personal file goes back 7+ years, my business account file even further!

The oddity isn't the closing and opening (it is what old paper
accountants like but don't actually do) so much as expecting the new to
maintain the old.

Anyway, it *is* possible to transfer the scheduled transactions but it
is probably best if I don't say how because I'm already in Liz's bad
books for disagreeing with someone else.

--
Wm...