Can't get online quotes for some Fidelity/BlackRock investments

Andrew Kolbus andrew.kolbus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 10:42:33 EST 2014

Deane,
Yes, I am on a mac, but I don't think we're talking about the same problem.
 I had the issue that most others had with F::Q last month, where the Yahoo
API was broken.  I updated to F::Q 1.20 and its working normally again.  My
issue is that a subset of investments do not retrieve quotes (and never
have).  Before I go through trying to reinstall all those tools, can you
tell me if "gnc-fq-dump fidelity 999525090" gives you a quote?  I get the
following (unusable) result:

/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump fidelity
999525090

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:

    symbol: 999525090            <=== required

      date: ** missing **        <=== required

  currency: ** missing **        <=== required

      last: 0.00                 <=\

       nav:                      <=== one of these

     price:                      <=/

  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Regards,
Andrew