Now huge data file?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 05:50:47 EST 2014

On 3 March 2014 10:36, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Alek <peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> writes:
>
>> My GC account file (with all the banking information in it) went from 2
>> meg to 24 meg in a few minutes.
>>
>> I didn't add in much new banking information- maybe 2 transactions.
>>
>> File Compression is set in Preferences.
>>
>> Do you have an idea what made the file so big so quickly?
>>
>> How can I fix it?
>
> There are only two reasons your file would do this:
>
> 1) Compression got turned off, or
> 2) You changed from XML to SQL backend.

I thought I remembered a post a short while ago where a large number
of additional lines got inserted into file for some reason, but I
can't find the post now.  Perhaps my memory is failing me.

@OP if you save it uncompressed you can open it with notepad or
similar and see if there is anything obvious there.

Colin