2.6.2 Segmentation Fault

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:53:49 EST 2014

Closing gnucash generates the following segmentation fault:

0x00007fffdc225eab in dbi_shutdown_r () from /usr/lib/libdbi.so.1

Opening gnucash and then closing it is enough to generate the error.

I have compiled gnucash with the following configure options:

--prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc \
    --libexecdir=/usr/lib --disable-schemas-compile --enable-python

2.6.1 works fine with the same options. I added the --enable-debug
option as suggested in the wiki.

As an aside, the page at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stack_Trace
suggests to add the --debug option, which is invalid.

I use an xml file and do not use ofx/aqbanking.

gdb gives the output below. The libdbi errors appear duplicated; I get
one set with 2.6.1 but it otherwise runs ok.

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/gnucash
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for linux-vdso.so.1.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
warning: File "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.19-gdb.py" auto-loading has
been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to
"$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load".
To enable execution of this file add
        add-auto-load-safe-path /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.19-gdb.py
line to your configuration file "/home/richard/.gdbinit".
To completely disable this security protection add
        set auto-load safe-path /
line to your configuration file "/home/richard/.gdbinit".
For more information about this security protection see the
"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the
shell:
        info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"
[New Thread 0x7fffdfe68700 (LWP 22080)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdf5c4700 (LWP 22081)]
libsqlite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdsqlite.so
libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
libmysqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdmysql.so
libsqlite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdsqlite.so
libpq.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
libmysqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
libdbi: Failed to load driver: /usr/lib/dbd/libdbdmysql.so
[New Thread 0x7fffc00e0700 (LWP 22083)]
Found Finance::Quote version 1.20
[New Thread 0x7fffbf8df700 (LWP 22086)]
[Thread 0x7fffbf8df700 (LWP 22086) exited]

0x00007fffdc225eab in dbi_shutdown_r () from /usr/lib/libdbi.so.1
(gdb) bt full
Python Exception <class 'gdb.MemoryError'> Cannot access memory at
address 0x7fffffffe118:
#0  0x00007fffdc225eab in dbi_shutdown_r () from /usr/lib/libdbi.so.1
No symbol table info available.
Cannot access memory at address 0x7fffffffe118
(gdb)

Regards,

Richard