Unable to install Finance:Quote

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Mon Mar 3 18:04:55 EST 2014

David <spam at 747skipper.co.uk> writes:

> Just for the record I tried ActiveState's latest 5.18?? earlier but
> with the same problem the financee:Quote package failed at, what
> appeared to be, the end of the install.

Actually I contacted Activestate to help solve current F::Q issues but
got no answer yet. Maybe I shouldn't have used their webform ? If anyone
has a better way to contact technical people, please tell me...

> This time I have seen even more lines flashing up and many were ones I
> had not seen before so perhaps it actually crashed much earlier.
> Anyone care to recommend a good place to read up what Perl is and how
> it  works?
> I'm beginning to get interested.

Welcome to the Perl world ! It's a little off-topic but you might be
interested in joining a Perl Mongers group
(http://www.pm.org/). Beginners are especially welcome to meetings all
over the world !

best
--