Unable to install Finance:Quote

David spam at 747skipper.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 17:36:37 EST 2014

On 03/03/2014 21:49, Erik Colson wrote:
> David <spam at 747skipper.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Pastenbin link http://pastebin.com/bkmFDWMm
> Hi David,
>
> Seems installing the prerequisite File::ShareDir::Install failed on your
> system. Perhaps you should install it directly from Activestate
> repository. You can issue the command-line install right from the
> command-line as mentioned here:
>
> http://code.activestate.com/ppm/File-ShareDir-Install/
>
> best
Erik ...........You little beauty!

I followed your link and swiftly installed File-ShareDir-Install
then tried the built in installer for Finance:Quote and after several
minutes of watching the batch file or whatever it is running for several
minutes, it is up and working fine.

If you have a moment can you tell me why it didn't install all the bits
it needed in the first place?

It doesn't matter now, but as a programmer I'm curious, what is
happening when all that text is flashing up?  Is it creating a new
source code version and then compiling it or is it linking many
pre-compiled chunks?

Thanks again
David

---