new update

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 4 17:30:15 EST 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Dawn Edwards <dawn_edwards at talktalk.net> wrote:

> Microsoft Vista my husband also tried to download 2.6.1 Mac version so that I could work with our treasurer and message came back not to open it what is going on?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies by using “reply all”.

As far as I know Microsoft has no requirement that applications be signed. There was some delay with the usual windows build so I used a build from a different computer. It’s possible that there is a signing or some other configuration issue. Please try
   http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/releases/gnucash-2.6.2-setup.exe
and let us know if that works.

I checked the Mac 2.6.2 package and found that I had indeed failed to sign it, so I’ve uploaded a new dmg, Gnucash-Intel-2.6.2-2.dmg, which is signed. But I also checked 2.6.1 and found that it *is* properly signed, so on your Mac please open System Preferences>Security & Privacy, and on the “General” tab ensure that “Mac App Store and identified developers” is checked under “Allow apps downloaded from:”.

Regards,
John Ralls