Bizarre symbols on generated reports

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Mar 7 03:25:56 EST 2014

On Thursday 06 March 2014 12:51:51 Allen Cogbill wrote:
> Recently upgraded to v.2.6.2. Now, when printing a report or producing
> a chart, bizarre symbols appear rather than numbers -- seems to
> depend upon the font in use, as some bold-faced fonts print OK.
> Locale is set to US English.
>
> Using Win 8. These problems did not appear under the previous version
> of gnucash.
>
> I hoping this can be easily fixed, but I haven't found out how yet.

This issue has appeared several times recently. It looks like the default font on Windows
is not properly detected.

There are two options to work around this:
1. Open "Select Theme" from the start menu (or whatever this is under Windows 8) and
choose a default font there. GnuCash will pick it up.

2. In gnucash you can also edit the stylesheet for your report via
Edit->Style Sheets and select other fonts there.

Geert