Finance::Quote never works

Patrick M Kelly pm_kelly at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 10 21:17:27 EDT 2014

I found a way to copy it and saved it to the attached file.  This is the
Start Menu Install Finance::Quote run where it downloads and installs
Strawberry Perl if it does not find any Perl installed.

And this is Windows 7 32bit.

I noticed that when I use activestate perl, I do not have any errors setting
up FQ.  I still have an error when I try to get quotes in GnuCash.

Also, the Instructions from the gnucash-guide are as follows:

Installing Finance::Quote

Microsoft Windows:

. Close GnuCash.

. You need to have installed ActivePerl
[http://www.activestate.com/store/activeperl]

. Run Install Online Price Retrieval in the GnuCash "Start" menu entry.

I have tried both Strawberry and ActivePerl with no success.

Patrick Kelly