Invoice

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 11 12:15:55 EDT 2014

Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk> writes:

> On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:25:57 -0600
> "Jim Stephenson" <jstephen at fidnet.com> wrote:
>
>> Inexperience showing, I posted more than one copy of an invoice.  I was only
>> Able to unpost one.  How to I get the other copies out of the check book
>> etc?
>> Thank you
>>
>> Jim Stephenson
>> jstephen at fidnet.com
>
> You can't delete invoices once created.  You can though just
> repurpose/recycle the erroneous one for anther customer/job.

What do you mean, "posted more than one copy of an invoice"?  Once an
invoice is posted it's posted, GnuCash wont let you post the same
invoice a second time.  So what, exactly, do you mean by "posted an
invoice twice"?  Did you, perhaps, use the "Duplicate Transaction"
function from an Account Register to duplicate a posted invoice
transaction?  If so, I'm afraid there is no recovery; you will need to
go to a backup file.