Finance::Quote never works

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 11 12:27:24 EDT 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Patrick M Kelly <pm_kelly at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I tried again as administrator.  As for space, 30.6 GB free.
> Same errors.
>
> Also used Activestate Perl which installs successfully.  But notice it installs version 1.18.
> Is there any way to install 1.20 as problem stated earlier by David T.

That may be because you installed perl 5.16. It appears from http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Finance-Quote/ that F::Q > 1.18 has build problems on 5.16. If that's indeed the case, try installing 5.12 or 5.14 instead. You may need to install by hand rather than relying on Install Online Price Retrieval.

Another option suggested by F::Q Maintainer Erik Colson in http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2014-March/053456.html is to install the ActiveState Date-Calc ppm from http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Date-Calc/ into your current Strawberry installation and try again to run Install Online Price Retrieval.

Regards,
John Ralls