Sales Tax

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 12:24:22 EDT 2014

I now need to collect sales Tax.
I have successfully made the sales tax liability account.
When I make the Invoice showing the sales tax on the order - the exact amount does show up in my liability.

I can't figure  out how to pay.
When I pay via my checking account the checking account is fine and the liability is removed as I paid the liability in full.
However a red (negative) balance then appears in my accounts payable account.

Should I make the tax agency also a vendor and enter the liability and pay the liability that way?

Jack H.