Problem installing Finance::Quote 1.27 SOLVED

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Fri Mar 14 19:26:49 EDT 2014

FYI

ON and off for the last week I've been struggling with getting
Finance::Quote updated to the

latest version (1.27) on one of my other PCs (Windows 7) after upgrading to
GnuCash 2.6.2.

I initially tried using:

Start, All Programs, GnuCash, Install Online Price Retrieval

which runs "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\install-fq-mods.cmd" but it
failed with 'Access is denied.' which I didn't understand because I could
see that what it was trying to do at the time should not have been a
problem.  It was looking for ssleay32.dll in current directory and failing
but it WAS there.

I tried many things (won't bore you with those details here) but kept
getting various permissions , 'file not found' &

'Bizarre copy of ARRAY in list assignment'  errors.

I raised bug https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=93659

and they suggested I try turning off anti-virus program, which did seem to
fix the problem.

I say seem, because there was a few days, a reboot and a few Windows updates
in between.

Anyway, if you're having problems, it may be worth trying to turn off your
anti-virus program (mine was McAfee Internet Security Suite).

Regards, Chris Good